Communicate and etch a name for yourself
With globalization, communication has assumed a very important role by connecting the world together. Effective communication is an essential component of organizational success whether it is at the interpersonal, inter-group, intra-group, organizational, or external levels.
With the increase in the establishments of multinational companies and corporates, the demand for professionals for communication jobs has increased manifolds. In the global markets, Indian professionals are preferred due to their aptitude, communication skills and dedication.
There is no dearth of opportunities for those with the right qualification. Those with a degree in Mass Communication can find employment in.
- Radio Stations
- Television Channels
- Publishing houses and
- Advertisement agencies
In addition, Mass Communication degree holders are also preferred for taking on the mantle of public relation officers.
Due to stiff competition in the global arena, a Mass Communication professional is expected to be enthusiastic, talented, hard working, creative and dynamic. Also, there are other necessary attributes peculiar to each area mentioned above. While it may be mandatory to have a pleasing personality to work on-air in television channels, the same quality may not be a necessity for those seeking to work in newspapers or magazines.
Media education has emerged remarkably in India in the last fifteen years. From merely classroom lectures on history and laws of press and a few tips on reporting and editing, it has evolved into a vast domain of education covering print, television, radio, video, cinema, animation, graphics, advertising and public relations. It is now more practice-oriented, performance-based, perception-governed and interactive. Here are some pioneer institutes of India that offer courses in Mass Communication.
- Amity School of Journalism and Communication, (More available at AKC House, E-27 Defence Colony, New Delhi -110024.)
- Indian Institute of Mass Communication, Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, JNU New Campus, New Delhi-110067
- A J K Mass Communication Centre, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi-110025
- Manipal Institute of Communication, Udayavani Building, Press Corner, Manipal-576119.
- Symbiosis Institute of Mass Communication, Senapati Bapat Marg, Pune - 411004.
- Department of Communication and Journalism, University of Poona, Pune -411004.
- New Delhi YMCA, Centre for Mass Media, 1 Jai Singh Road, New Delhi